Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Marvelous Two-in-One with Comic Book Rehab!

What's all this? What's all this? What's all this?

Well, if Twitter is the main feature, and the Facebook page is the DVD-Rom content that I can't access because I'm watching on an average player, then this blog is the Bonus section!

I started to notice things....

Feeling old but not quite grownup?

Notice how the crowd in the comic shop is gettin' older, but not neccessarily wiser?

Notice how the comic book  publishers are back to making waves about their price point? "We're STILL at $2.99!" In the late 70's/early 80's it was "Still 25 cents!"

yeah...

So I couldn't help but imagine Frederic Wertham still around, perhaps as a brain in a tank, looming large, and an audience that, like myself , may notice how the players in the field are becoming more popular, but the actual books are not socially acceptable.  Nobody wants to give up the ghost , yet could anyone have dreamed of still being into comics past their 20's?

With those thoughts established and out of the way, I'll be back soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment